Effective as of 10 September 2020
We are committed to procurement practices that create, protect, and grow long-term environmental, social, and economic value for all stakeholders in bringing our services and products to the market.
Our suppliers are an integral part of our business and we set the same high expectations for our suppliers that we set for ourselves.
All of our key suppliers are expected to comply with the requirements set out in this Supplier Code of Conduct.
Labour and human rights
Suppliers are expected to protect the human rights of their employees and to treat them with dignity and respect including the following:
- Ensure all work is freely chosen without the use of modern slavery including forced or compulsory labour.
- Ensure workers are of legal age, preventing any form of child labour.
- Ensure bullying, discrimination, and physical, sexual, psychological, or verbal harassment or abuse is not tolerated within their organisation.
- To pay workers the wages required by law including equal pay for equal work.
- Provide fair working conditions for employees, including adequate rest periods, sufficient leave, freedom of association, and collective bargaining in accordance with relevant local laws.
Health and safety
Work Health and Safety is of paramount importance to Brisbane Isuzu and we will seek out suppliers who share similar values and have a documented set of policies and programs aimed at promoting a safe, healthy, and secure workplace. It is expected that our suppliers will meet the following minimum expectations in relation to work, health, and safety:
- Follow all relevant laws and regulations related to Workplace Health and Safety.
- Implement written health and safety policies and standards.
- Develop and implement documented systems to identify and record work related injuries and illnesses.
- Be proactive in establishing programs or practices to improve the overall health and wellbeing of employees, customers, and stakeholders such as reducing the frequency and severity of personal injuries.
- Adhere to Brisbane Isuzu’s safety requirements at all times.
Business integrity and ethics
To meet social responsibilities, suppliers are expected to conduct their business in an ethical manner and to act with integrity. Ethical requirements include the following aspects:
- Act at all times with integrity, transparency, and honesty.
- Never engage in bribery or corruption.
- Declare any actual or potential conflicts of interest.
- Ensure any gifts and hospitality offered or received are reasonable, appropriate, and for legitimate business purposes only.
- Comply with applicable local, state, federal, and international laws and regulations.
- Strictly follow all relevant competition laws and promote fair behaviour towards other businesses and consumers.
- Comply with data privacy and regulatory requirements when personal information is collected, stored, processed, transmitted, and shared.
- Respect confidential information and not disclose this, except as required by law or where authorised in writing.
- Ensure the protection of whistleblowers.
We ask our suppliers to assist in achieving our environmental objectives by doing the following:
- Comply with all relevant local and national laws and regulations on environmental management and reporting.
- Maintain a documented commitment to environmental objectives.
- Maintain a process aimed at tracking environmental performance over time and supporting environmental reporting and compliance with legislative requirements.
- Consider the design, development, manufacture, packaging, and delivery of goods and/or services in terms of both their sustainability and long-term impact on the environment.
- Strive to reduce environmental harm by maximising the efficient use of natural resources, energy, water, and raw materials and minimise pollution (inclusive of greenhouse gases pollution) and waste.
- Comply with Brisbane Isuzu’s environmental requirements.
Suppliers are expected to implement management systems to facilitate compliance with all applicable laws and to meet the expectations set out in this Supplier Code of Conduct.